Salary from £6.70 per hour
To take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment
• Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
• Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Escort customers to their tables.
• Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
• Inform customers of daily specials.
• Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
• Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
• Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
• Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
• Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.