Salary from £6.70 per hour £7.20 for workers aged 25 or over.
Working as part of a team in a busy kitchen assisting in the day to day running of the catering area. Along with the kitchen management team complying with all hygiene and health and safety programmes and regulations.
• Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
• Washing dishes manually and also by using the dishwasher.
• Assisting in basic food preparation.
• Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
• Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
• Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware.
• Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
• Emptying bins when they are full.
• Dealing with all customer complaints in a professional manner.
• Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order.
• Reporting any fault equipment to the kitchen manager or chef and then arranging for their repair.
• Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times.
• Keeping breakages down to a minimum.
• Training and developing new staff members.
• Complying with the daily cleaning rotas.
• Taking all dirty linen and cloths from the kitchen to the hotel laundry.
• Carrying out regular quality assurance audits.
• Handling all glasses and china with great care.
• Attending company training programmes when required.
• Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them.
• Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to.
• Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment.
• Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning staff.